Sp*rs ambition

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Sp*rs ambition

Post by g88ner »

donaldo wrote:So thats why we built the Concrete bowl with a capacity of 60,000 to finish 1pt and one place above the Spuds.There used to be a time when if we only finished 20 points ahead of them it was a bad season for us.They havent got better we have slipped to their level.Whatever happened to trying to win trophies?
Of course they have.

We've obviously regressed, but they've definitely improved.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Seanyboi wrote:I hate to say this, but it just seems to me Spu*s seem to have a lot more ambition with this transfer window.

Dembele, linked with Remy, on the verge of signing Moutinho, talk of Kaka, Willian Lloris, getting Defoe to actually put pen to paper , getting Bale to put Pen to Paper when BARCELONA are showing massive interest... yet our players leave willy nilly and we leave it til last minute all the time.

As soon as they didnt qualify for CL and Modric left, I thought here goes spurs down the stairs again, SHOCK they get a half decent manager and start splashing cash on decent players... Why do I feel they are making bigger steps and improvements, whilst we're taking 1 step forward then 2 steps back? :banghead: :banghead:
Hugo Lloris is amazing he should be Uniteds keeper let alone Spurs. Wish he was ours but I wish that a lot. We are doomed I tell thy

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

And possibly Clint Dempsey to spurs at the last minute, while we sit, with our hands on our heads thinking Nicky B's gone on loan...thats a job well done

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

xgtdec wrote:And possibly Clint Dempsey to spurs at the last minute, while we sit, with our hands on our heads thinking Nicky B's gone on loan...thats a job well done
Done and dusted by the scum

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

well it aint Dempsey signing for them that annoys me, im not really a fan and now he's with the scum i hope he breaks both legs, but its horrible to watch the scum working to the last minute to improve the squad while Wenger and Gazidis are over at the Deins having a giggle

goonerwalker

Post by goonerwalker »

With the ambition they have shown with their signings in this transfer window I believe sp*rs now have a stronger squad than us on paper. Its so sad to see the scum who have finished below us season after season showing far more ambition than us :banghead:

We are amd always will be a bigger and better club than them, but until there are changes at the top at AFC it looks like the most us gooners can hope for is to sneak ahead of the by the mearest margins like last season :roll:

The only way I can see anything changing is if we dont scrape a champions league place again and Kroenke will miss his £20 million of profit and possibly invest a penny or to to get it back again

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

goonerwalker wrote:With the ambition they have shown with their signings in this transfer window I believe sp*rs now have a stronger squad than us on paper. Its so sad to see the scum who have finished below us season after season showing far more ambition than us :banghead:

We are amd always will be a bigger and better club than them, but until there are changes at the top at AFC it looks like the most us gooners can hope for is to sneak ahead of the by the mearest margins like last season :roll:

The only way I can see anything changing is if we dont scrape a champions league place again and Kroenke will miss his £20 million of profit and possibly invest a penny or to to get it back again
I don't agree the Sp*rs have a stronger squad (on paper or otherwise) but I do agree that we are stuck in this pattern until something dramatic happens - such as Wenger leaves, we miss the Champions League*, or fans stop coming in significant numbers.

* Also I think if we finished 5th or 6th Arsene would get another year anyway. "Oh he had a remarkable run, etc" aka "Oh, he still makes us money."

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Looking at the Spud line up today......they don't look all that.......

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dembele scores om his debut....says it all.......why is it we ALL knew He would be a good buy...but oh! no wenker knows...NOTTTTTTTTTT! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonerwalker wrote:With the ambition they have shown with their signings in this transfer window I believe sp*rs now have a stronger squad than us on paper. Its so sad to see the scum who have finished below us season after season showing far more ambition than us :banghead:

He could save a couple of mill by getting shot of shyte head. :cussing:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Its as you were really.

Dempsey is about as good as Van Der Vaart if not just a little poorer. Dembele is a decent player, no doubt about it but he's not better than Modric.

Lloris ISN'T that good. A decent 'keeper defiantly but he's not that great. He's a shot stopper who doesn't command his box very well, his handling is a bit suspect. He's really not ''world class'' and I'm not just saying that because he signed for Spurs (this is regarding the two above as well) I'm saying it because it is fact.

They've signed players, yes but have they signed players BETTER than the ones they had leave them?

No.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

The swamp dwellers ain't happy either. From the Beeb.
"Levy has gutted our team and replaced them with mediocre players. We should have paid anything to get Moutinho. Without a creative central player supporting the play Bale, Lennon, Adebayor, Defoe, Gylfi, Dembele are all useless."

Dawn on 81111 on text: "What is going on at Spurs? Are we destined to surrender every lead we take? Just not good enough."

Aiden on 81111 on text: "Dear Mr Levy, can we have Harry back please?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:Its as you were really.

Dempsey is about as good as Van Der Vaart if not just a little poorer. Dembele is a decent player, no doubt about it but he's not better than Modric.

Lloris ISN'T that good. A decent 'keeper defiantly but he's not that great. He's a shot stopper who doesn't command his box very well, his handling is a bit suspect. He's really not ''world class'' and I'm not just saying that because he signed for Spurs (this is regarding the two above as well) I'm saying it because it is fact.

They've signed players, yes but have they signed players BETTER than the ones they had leave them?

No.
Yeah what he said.

If Lloris was really that damn good why is he at spurs for 9 pence? I don't think Schez is great by any means but I don't think if we had LLoris we would so much a better team. IMO the differences between most goalys are marginal. There are still a few Peter Scmichael 15 points a season goalies but they are few and far between. I knew spurs would fuck up when they sacked Harry. I don't think Harry is overrated at all he is a world class manager. I don't think Harry has made a bad signing. It's like he uses FM Genie Scout.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Dempsey <=> VDV
Modric <=> Dembele

Haven't really strengthened. They have replaced with less quality.

With Chelsea fans winding up them over AVB will they defend him or turn against him?

augie

Post by augie »

Van der fart was inconsistent at best so Dempsey would be a big upgrade imo

I always felt modric was good but not great and felt his size counted against him so for me I do expect dembele to do as good a job at lease