Jenkinson

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Jenkinson

Post by StuartL »

Glitch33 wrote:Still early days but a truly remarkable example of a young player being plucked from nowhere.

Wenger brought him in as understudy to Sagna and knew that Jenko was going to be thrown in the deep end.
It all happened sooner rather than later but the boy has grabbed his opportunity and looks better each game.

It must need such strong self belief to go out there with so little experience. Hats off to Carl. I hope he continues to improve at the current rate.

And to get over a truly horrible own goal on his debut I think on tour ?
Also didn't let the jumped up bigshot Theo's telling off's affect him too much.

Jenkinson has 5 times the bottle Walcott will ever have.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Jenkinson is a fantastic lad. How can you complain about a born and raised Gooner, from a Gooner family, who plays his heart out every game? He's rapidly improving. More so than anything though, I just love his work rate; you know playing for the club is such a massive dream for him and he gives everything he has at all times.

That fact is really under-appreciated by Arsenal fans IMO.

tomgooner123

Post by tomgooner123 »

StuartL wrote:
He gives 100% all game, every game, which we all appreciate. Need more like him

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Barriecuda wrote:Jenkinson is a fantastic lad. How can you complain about a born and raised Gooner, from a Gooner family, who plays his heart out every game? He's rapidly improving. More so than anything though, I just love his work rate; you know playing for the club is such a massive dream for him and he gives everything he has at all times.

I agree. I think people have lost sight of the fact that supporting players doesn't always boil down to simply whether they can be labelled "world class" or "shit" (which seem to be the only two categories going). Ever since we first signed him I've made some extra noise for the lad when his name is read out on the team sheet but at every game nobody else around me seems to want to show that extra appreciation.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I just pray that the kid doesn't get called up for the England team too soon, at which point he'll be playing in front of all the Chelsea and West Ham loving mongs at Wembley on a hiding to nothing.

Not very patriotic I know. I'm sure our resident bulldogs gunner_ace and Surrey Gooner will be along to correct me on that soon

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

I just pray that the kid doesn't get called up for the England team too soon, at which point he'll be playing in front of all the Chelsea and West Ham loving mongs at Wembley on a hiding to nothing.
I like the idea of the Arsenal having both England full backs. I found it difficult to watch England over the last few years. If Gibbs, CJ, Jack and the Ox are pulling on a shirt it may make it more watchable.

I know Jenkinson has to be consistent for a couple of seasons but its a promising start. Hodgson will probably give him a few minutes in November to stop Finnish interest.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

LDB wrote:
Barriecuda wrote:Jenkinson is a fantastic lad. How can you complain about a born and raised Gooner, from a Gooner family, who plays his heart out every game? He's rapidly improving. More so than anything though, I just love his work rate; you know playing for the club is such a massive dream for him and he gives everything he has at all times.

I agree. I think people have lost sight of the fact that supporting players doesn't always boil down to simply whether they can be labelled "world class" or "shit" (which seem to be the only two categories going). Ever since we first signed him I've made some extra noise for the lad when his name is read out on the team sheet but at every game nobody else around me seems to want to show that extra appreciation.
Love the story about him being at the Spurs game and then a year on coming on at 5-2 up. Literally living the dream. As true a Gooner as they come, even our local heroes like Wrighty, TA5 and Merse weren't brought up supporting AFC. Have a hell of a lot of respect for the guy regardless of talent because he's a genuine Arsenal fan, the fact he's playing fucking well makes it all the better. If I could have 11 Carl Jenkinson's in my team then I would have a very competitive and enthusiastic squad filled with Jenkinsons and Groveses.

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Plays with heart and passion and is improving every game, I cant ask for more than that. :barscarf:

GoonerOwl

Post by GoonerOwl »

Still not good enough defensively for me, will get found out again soon.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

tomgooner123 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
He gives 100% all game, every game, which we all appreciate. Need more like him
:high5:

He reminds me of Keown in the way that he is all over opposing players like a cheap suit...Keown used to be all over em...Pinchng em, right into em...and Jenk's reminds me of that the way he is when he's marking them or tring to get the ball - he takes no prisoners!

Love Him..He's improved hugely this season with every game...I truly hope he makes the grade, has all the makings of a true hero of the fans! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

MutleyGooner wrote:Plays with heart and passion and is improving every game, I cant ask for more than that. :barscarf:

The funny was when Feo bawled him out during a match. Lol at the irony.

The lad has come on hugely. I criticised him early doors this season, but fair play to the lad, he is a trier and he has improved immeasurably and so soon.
Non league - Charlton - Champs Lge - regular first team for Arsenal. I can't argue with that.

C'mon Jenks :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Top Londoner wrote:
MutleyGooner wrote:Plays with heart and passion and is improving every game, I cant ask for more than that. :barscarf:

The lad has come on hugely. I criticised him early doors this season, but fair play to the lad, he is a trier and he has improved immeasurably and so soon.
Non league - Charlton - Champs Lge - regular first team for Arsenal. I can't argue with that.

Yeah! I remember that - it was when we got bitch raped by manurescum....Jenks eventually got sent off...but at least he went out 'fighting' instead of like a pussified *word censored* of a wimp which is what feo was like that day!

Mood1987

Post by Mood1987 »

Good player showing more pace and strength this season

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:

Yeah! I remember that - it was when we got bitch raped by manurescum....Jenks eventually got sent off...but at least he went out 'fighting' instead of like a pussified *word censored* of a wimp which is what feo was like that day!
Yes it appears that the same poor humble little Theo who wrote in his book how disappointed he felt that Gerrard (and some other Ing-er-lund stars) had made it known how they felt about him being in the 2006 World Cup squad and how left out he felt. Roll forward the clock a few years and same player now part of the Ing-er-lund establishment holding out for 100k per week on the back of sweet FA and bollocking a young player brought in from the wilderness of League One and thrown to the wolves in an 8-2 massacre

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Sagna is the best right back in the Prem
one of the best in the world - I'd only put Lahm ahead of him

but in the summer if PSG (think he supports them) came and offered us crazy money, £18M for arguments sake
surely we should sell...