FULHAM HOME GAME

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: FULHAM HOME GAME

Post by OneBardGooner »

N1Goon wrote:Why does the Nutty Professor persist with the f*cking zonal marking?
For the same reason/s he persists with ramsey, flappy, camel, arshavin, djourou etal - Because he has lost the plot, and is no longer capable of successfully (trophywise) running a multi-million pound Football team and all that goes with it....

The thing is everyone reaches their peak in whatever discipline or special field they work in....and then there is a time to gracefully step back and let the new/next person take the reigns, but The Board and Wenger are criminally oblivious to the FACTS that the rest of the world and his dog can see....His Time Is Up!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Not a big fan of zonal marking but it's not because of that we concede set piece goals. It's because we don't do it properly. If we switch to man-marking we'd also ship in goals if Wenger still insists on being in charge. Haven't seen a replay of the second goal but looks like they got in down the left miles too easily, where was Vermaelen?

And exactly as I predicted time and time again (including before the game) sticking with Mannone has cost us. At fault somewhat for the first two goals, the bloke is a fucking calamity and I don't give a fuck if he made a few good saves at United and Schalke, he is awful. We did it in 2009 after he had a decent game at Fulham and sure enough he cost us two points at Upton Park. Wenger's inability to learn from his mistakes is unbelievable. Szczesny needs a good bollocking and to have to work for his place but leaving him benched for Mannone isn't the way.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Robbie Fowler, BBC Final Score
"I'm surprised Giroud didn't take Arsenal's penalty, with a chance to get a hat-trick in the last minute. You need to have a little bottle, and that suggests to me he hasn't got it."
Sounds about right :rubchin:
ALso, they elect (Arteta)a player to take the pen which can earn us the extra Two Undeserved Points - A player who has been abysmal all game..passes going astray, giving the ball away one of which lead to one of their goals...instead of giving it to the best skilled players in the team, or to one of the players who has had a better game - Giroud or Theo. Even Arshavin would have been a better choice seeing as how shyte Arteta was playing....still that's the Fool we call a manager for you.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

LewisT92 wrote:
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
We've put him on this elevated pedestal at Arsenal. As has been alluded to before, we've got statues and busts of him, his philosophy plastered around the wall.

This club needs a serious deep clean from top to bottom. :?

I miss Highbury, i really do :cry:
Its a sterile fucking cult at the stadium now which is why I don't go to home games and only stick to away ones.

I would love nothing more then a clean up from top to bottom but in the real world that won't happen.

Since the move I have said to friends that if we stayed at Highbury I could settle for this whole 4th place bollocks and not competing for trophies (to a certain extent). This club has lost it's soul, values and class and that to me is more important when it comes to being identified by fans from around the world. The old ground held the essence of all that was Arsenal to me.
Agree with every word there mate, especially the last bit. :cry:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Wenger needs to call it day.

Sadly this will only get worse when you leave a team of Stan Conky, Ivan and Philly in charge.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

How many more of these thousands cuts must we endure before it all ends !? :cry: :cry: :cry: :banghead: :(

Mood1987

Post by Mood1987 »

Giroud on a Hatrick, full of confidence should of taking it

armchair

Post by armchair »

Giroud didn't take it cause Arteta was probably the designated penalty taker. Simple as that. Nothing more sinister.
Now whether or not Giroud should have insisted at the time to take it is a different matter.

augie

Post by augie »

Each match leaves us more stuck for words than the previous one :( For the second time this week we were 2 nil up and blew it and we are only talking about opposition like fulham and schalke :oops: As I said previously, I only actually watched about 15-20 minutes but what I did see made painful viewing. Arteta has gone off the boil, cazorla has gone awol in recent weeks and they are in our engine room and are supposed to dictate the game. I have said many times that I am a big fan of sagna and BFG but regardless of how individual players are playing it is obvious that the defence unit has been appalling :shock: Granted it doesnt help to have a barnsley reject in goals but that does not excuse the level of performances the defence have been turning in

Of course the buck should stop with the manager or at least it would in every other club :roll: There is nothing that can be said about the c**t that hasnt been said before and that sad thing is that nothing will change and we are going to be saying it for a long time yet :cry: Even those that want to defend the man and dont approve of the personal insults will surely recognise that if he was a man of any level of love for the club then he would resign. This is a club that is regressing year upon year to the point that many fans no longer go into games like today believing that we will win :( Is there any point or event that will make wenger walk away of his own accord ? Personally I dont think there is therefore the onus is on the fans to drive him, gazidas and kroenke out of our club asap. I know the old argument that we shouldnt show any evidence of disharmony against our rivals next weekend but honestly what will that achieve ? :? If you have a cancer eating through your club then why would sit on hands and allow it to continue ? Is decorum that important ? If things are going tits up next saturday then rest assured I will not sit there muted - the memory of two season's ago loss to these c**ts still haunts me and if I am made to suffer that way again then wenger will get it with both barrels from me :evil: :evil:

augie

Post by augie »

armchair supporter wrote:Giroud didn't take it cause Arteta was probably the designated penalty taker. Simple as that. Nothing more sinister.
Now whether or not Giroud should have insisted at the time to take it is a different matter.

Absolutely - I cannot believe this bullshit about how giroud should have taken it cos the team, not personal glory for a hat-trick, should come first and arteta was the designated taker :roll: I certainly wouldnt listen to the opinion of a scouse line sniffer whose dive at highbury a few years back made suarez and bale's efforts look like beginners :evil: :evil:

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

I ended up at Carpet Right today at 15:00 looking at Kitchen flooring and I didn't care about the result.
My Mrs hopes Wenger stays forever as each week he is here I lose more respect for "my Team" and cant bring myself to witness the downful of a once proud team.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Lads.....it's only a game :roll:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Well that was truly depressing. Didn't even get excited when we equalised. The thrill was gone when Arteta conceded the most stupid of penalties. :banghead: :banghead:

It was written that the ex-scum c**t would score.Good reffing from Dowd as both Sidwell and Rambo should have seen reds. The penalty for us....all I can say is I've seen them given. Thought it was a shit penalty so suprised to read 5live talking about excellent save.Hey ho who cares Artets missed it anyway. :cry:

Nothing will change this season till the end. We will not make top 4(a blessing in disguise methinks), some later season surge will see usfinish anywhere btw 6-9th depending on other teams injuries. I cannot see us finishing above Everton,the Scum or Liverpool (if the dippers buy a finisher). :oops:

Not a knee jerk reaction. In November 2008 after yet another toothless performance I turned to a mate and said that's a Uefa cup team we're watching but thanks to Arshavin in January we got away with it. That was when we could defend, now we are regressing so fast it's truly shocking to watch. :oops: :cry: :evil:

I personally couldn't give 2 flying fannies about the champions league we no longer deserve to be in it as we just get their on past glories. :roll:

The only thing that counts next week for me about the result is local bragging rights. :oops:

That is how small time we have become in 5 years(I still believe we tried to compete at the top till 2007)

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

augie wrote:Each match leaves us more stuck for words than the previous one
Says Augie who then goes on to write about 200 words on the game :D

But I know what you mean and agree with you.
What can be said that has not already been said?

Arteta and Cazorla need a game off to get some energy back; two good players who are jaded, and that cannnot be by chance.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Orbinho tweeted
This is Arsenal's worst start to a season in 30 years since 1982-83 when they had just 14 points after 11 games.