CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LizLeGooner

Re: CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

Post by LizLeGooner »

Unrelated to the depressing post-mortem, Gibbs has improved a lot lately...

:oops:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I think some of you had already decided that this was a yet another dreadful Wenger inspired performance even before the game had even kicked off... I bet some of you just copied and pasted your comments from the Citeh game, or first half against Swansea!

Ask a neutral whether they thought we were unlucky today and I think they would say we were. And as to whether their goals were controversial, even Redknapp and Neville said neither should have been given.....

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

LizLeGooner wrote:Unrelated to the depressing post-mortem, Gibbs has improved a lot lately...

And Vermaelen had a decent 2nd half too.

The whole back four not good enough though. Same old problems.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

northbankbren wrote:
LizLeGooner wrote:Unrelated to the depressing post-mortem, Gibbs has improved a lot lately...

And Vermaelen had a decent 2nd half too.

The whole back four not good enough though. Same old problems.
Given that Chelsea had Hazard, Mata and Torres playing for them then I don't think they caused us too many problems....not even in the 1st half! Whether that meant our back four played well or not I'm not sure. But I can honestly say that I'd forgotten that Hazard was playing until he came off!

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Arteta podolski and ox could've won us the game today. We had nothing on the bench to change the game, actually think we were unlucky today

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

The first half performance was a fucking disgrace.Up there with the Utd Norwich and Southampton.Yes we dominated possession in the 2nd half who fucking cares.How many real saves did Cech make in the last 30 minutes You cant give teams a 2 goal start

Chelsea were on the ropes at home having lost to QPR and drawn having throw away a 2 goal lead v Saints yet we turned up in the first half with no passion no fight no guts.How many times was Jack shouting at his team mates to close Chelsea down.

As for the bench it doesnt get any worse.When you are bring in Ramsey and Arshavin what chance have we got

To see some blame the ref is just deflecting the blame from the manager.We deserved nothing after that 1st half performance
Last edited by donaldo on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

The definition, sadly, of indifference now. Had a lovely day yesterday,launch event of my new job, snow fun with the kids in park and lovely stay over with inlaws with nice chinese meal in the evening. Home nice and early today to avoid road chaos.....straight out sledging with kids to make most of the snow, thought catch the second half on tv. Got back to hear the half time score. plans revised ! Put disney DVD on after making hot chocolate for the girls, Ice Age 4 lots of family fun....turned on radio later and we had lost, didn't bother me overly. This from life long supporter and season ticket holder. Sort it out Arsenal or more of us will come to realise more to life than you fucking up our weekend,moods and emotions
:banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Lee1 wrote:The definition, sadly, of indifference now. Had a lovely day yesterday,launch event of my new job, snow fun with the kids in park and lovely stay over with inlaws with nice chinese meal in the evening. Home nice and early today to avoid road chaos.....straight out sledging with kids to make most of the snow, thought catch the second half on tv. Got back to hear the half time score. plans revised ! Put disney DVD on after making hot chocolate for the girls, Ice Age 4 lots of family fun....turned on radio later and we had lost, didn't bother me overly. This from life long supporter and season ticket holder. Sort it out Arsenal or more of us will come to realise more to life than you fucking up our weekend,moods and emotions

How did ice age 4 end :)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Decent response after the break (So credit for that!) but the first half totally passed us by :roll: the game was pretty much dead and buried by the time we got our arses into gear, so although they deserve credit for a spirited comeback, I do have to wonder why on earth they weren't playing like that at 0-0.

It happens too often. We allow games to drift along and only seem to shift through the gears when we're chasing a game. It's beyond frustrating, but nothing new.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Forgetting the First Half (that goes for all our players except JW) He had an excellent second half.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

MK Gould wrote:I think some of you had already decided that this was a yet another dreadful Wenger inspired performance even before the game had even kicked off... I bet some of you just copied and pasted your comments from the Citeh game, or first half against Swansea!

Ask a neutral whether they thought we were unlucky today and I think they would say we were. And as to whether their goals were controversial, even Redknapp and Neville said neither should have been given.....

Oi. I never c/p 'd posts mate. I said that we would get a 'lucky' win, if we were up and at 'em from the whistle. :box:

8) :D

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Lee1 wrote:The definition, sadly, of indifference now. Had a lovely day yesterday,launch event of my new job, snow fun with the kids in park and lovely stay over with inlaws with nice chinese meal in the evening. Home nice and early today to avoid road chaos.....straight out sledging with kids to make most of the snow, thought catch the second half on tv. Got back to hear the half time score. plans revised ! Put disney DVD on after making hot chocolate for the girls, Ice Age 4 lots of family fun....turned on radio later and we had lost, didn't bother me overly. This from life long supporter and season ticket holder. Sort it out Arsenal or more of us will come to realise more to life than you fucking up our weekend,moods and emotions

How did ice age 4 end :)
As you would expect McD....thrills,spills and good triumphing over evil...the way it should be. And all the ice age critters safe and sound!!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

1. I'm bored with snow now - fuck off please.

2. I just hope manure beat the scum

3. Even five double S. Comforts can't numb the pain and depression.

4. Wenker please, Please, PLEASE Just Fucking, Fucking FUCKOFF !!!

MM99

Post by MM99 »

Why do we now insist on sitting back and letting the opposition play in our half only to lose a goal and end up chasing the game in the second half? We have neither the defensive steel to do it properly nor the strikers to launch an effective counter attack.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

If you are that indifferent then what made you post on here.... 8) ?

I know loads of people at work who don't go to games and don't even watch their team on TV. And for that reason I don't respect their opinions about their respective teams or consider them as serious fans....

PS it never did stop snowing in North Bucks!!