CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonerus28

Re: CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

Post by goonerus28 »

diaby cost us the game. Not Giroud, Mertesacker or Sagna.

LizLeGooner

Post by LizLeGooner »

MK Gould wrote:
Lee1 wrote:The definition, sadly, of indifference now. Had a lovely day yesterday,launch event of my new job, snow fun with the kids in park and lovely stay over with inlaws with nice chinese meal in the evening. Home nice and early today to avoid road chaos.....straight out sledging with kids to make most of the snow, thought catch the second half on tv. Got back to hear the half time score. plans revised ! Put disney DVD on after making hot chocolate for the girls, Ice Age 4 lots of family fun....turned on radio later and we had lost, didn't bother me overly. This from life long supporter and season ticket holder. Sort it out Arsenal or more of us will come to realise more to life than you fucking up our weekend,moods and emotions
:banghead:
If you are that indifferent then what made you post on here.... 8) ?

I know loads of people at work who don't go to games and don't even watch their team on TV. And for that reason I don't respect their opinions about their respective teams or consider them as serious fans....

PS it never did stop snowing in North Bucks!!
They're usually of the red manc persuasion from my experience.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

goonerus28 wrote:diaby cost us a goal. Not Giroud, Mertesacker or Sagna.

Fixed. Partly anyway.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

MK Gould wrote:
Lee1 wrote:The definition, sadly, of indifference now. Had a lovely day yesterday,launch event of my new job, snow fun with the kids in park and lovely stay over with inlaws with nice chinese meal in the evening. Home nice and early today to avoid road chaos.....straight out sledging with kids to make most of the snow, thought catch the second half on tv. Got back to hear the half time score. plans revised ! Put disney DVD on after making hot chocolate for the girls, Ice Age 4 lots of family fun....turned on radio later and we had lost, didn't bother me overly. This from life long supporter and season ticket holder. Sort it out Arsenal or more of us will come to realise more to life than you fucking up our weekend,moods and emotions
:banghead:
If you are that indifferent then what made you post on here.... 8) ?

I know loads of people at work who don't go to games and don't even watch their team on TV. And for that reason I don't respect their opinions about their respective teams or consider them as serious fans....

PS it never did stop snowing in North Bucks!!
Because i've supported Arsenal all my life, spend fortunes on season tickets and care more than you know. Bit of an ironic post to try and give perspective on how it can make you feel. I truly don't give a fuck what you think

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonerus28 wrote:diaby cost us the game. Not Giroud, Mertesacker or Sagna.
Not sure what game you were watching mate. Should have been 1-0 up after 5 minutes. Only one useless fucker responsible for that

Old Oak Gooner

Post by Old Oak Gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:Ramires motm :oops: fouled a player and took a dive :oops:
quinny is a *word censored*.....end of 8)

Sky endorsing cheaters? :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wengerball wrote:The ref was shite today- of that there is no doubt

What it should not be allowed to mask is the absolutely dreadful 1st half performance by an Arsenal team that I have seen in quite a while. It would be easy to say that decisions cost us but I was more concerned by the lack of interest from some of our players. Giroud truly earned his French Lee Chapman tag today- I hope this idea that he works hard has finally been sussed out. He did not work hard at all today and lost everything in the air (the one area of his game that is supposed to be decent).
Sagna was a liability and Walcott, other than his goal just did not show the sort of quality I would expect of a player earning £100k a week.I think we were lucky that Ba did not start for the chavs because we looked in all sorts of trouble against him- he is not known for his lightening pace but he made our 2 centre backs look like statues. Our defence is a shambles but thats not something new.

All in all a shite day

:cussing:
Another myth exposed. The only player who put in less effort was the fat Russian for his comedy 15 minutes. Shit in the air, NO FUCKING WORK RATE WHATSOEVER, no pace, the touch of a 3 year old in a pottery class, can't finish one-on-ones and a great big 50 pence head where nobody (including himself) knows what angle it will come off at

Truly a dreadful forward in every sense. Two Lee Chapmans......there's only two Lee Chapmans...

....or is it two Lee Chapmen ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

its a toss up between quinn an craig burley which i hate more so ill go for redknapp who only repeats what his co pundit says

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Dont you mean......

I blame Eboue. :oops: :wink:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Not sure what game you were watching mate. Should have been 1-0 up after 5 minutes. Only one useless fucker responsible for that
Diaby the brainless twat lucky not to give a penalty away after one minute with his impersonation of Kosciely

The first half Diaby was run ragged by Mata Oscar and Lampard

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

No way would Redknapp have called that a dive had Neville not done so. I do agree that their goals were both fortunate but we just didn't turn up first half and made Chelsea look class. The attitude stinks. Imo Sagna, Diaby and Cazorla were all guilty of being far too casual in possession and working nowhere near hard enough out of it.

I was all for giving Giroud time and patience but in 4 months he's shown how poor he is. Tbf I thought Walcott did well today, when he moved in to play as a makeshift striker with a partner he looked dangerous.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

donaldo wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Diaby the brainless twat lucky not to give a penalty away after one minute with his impersonation of Kosciely

The first half Diaby was run ragged by Mata Oscar and Lampard
Get back to the point - any decent PL striker would have put us 1-0 up. Agreed?

No, sorry. Any player playing at a higher standard than League Two would have put us 1-0 up. Diaby didn't cost us anything today. He didn't concede a penalty, he didn't present them with a goal, he didn't miss a one-on-one that Ade Akinbiyi would have converted. The game was 0-0 and the worst Arsenal striker I've ever witnessed missed a fucking sitter. Was Diaby to blame for that? Was he to blame for Sagna not being goal side of Mata? Was he responsible for brining down Ramires and then in the second half coming charging out of his box allowing Ba to wrap up the game (oh sorry TV5 who everybody hates as well kept the game alive)

By all means hate a player - thats fine. But please look at the basic errors and key moments that cost us that game....or are you still thinking that Giroud will go on to be a world beater next season?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

have we received this weeks excuses yet ?

in last few weeks Wenger hasn't known :

1. why we were a bit jaded physically.
2. why we didn't take our chances
3. why we start slowly
4. why we were a bit timid.

I wonder what Arsene doesn't know this week !

and as to the ref - a dodgy decision or two doesn't matter when you're 3 or 4 nil up...

milesgooner

Post by milesgooner »

Giroud's getting an awful lot of stick on here, but other questions need to be asked. Why have we got no one that can cross a ball or take a corner? Cleverly just set one up on a plate for Van Persie with the first cross Man U had. We must have had 20 that did not beat the first man or went to the goalkeeper. Sagna is not playing for a move in my opinion, he is just suffering from a shocking lack of confidence. But as with Giroud there is no one that can come off the bench to replace them. This lack of quality in the squad is clearly down to Wenger. We need to buy 3 proven players in the window and the more he says it isn't necessary the more his position becomes untenable.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

For those who aren't blinkered both Giroud AND Diaby were absolute pants today.