Obafemi Martins again!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I would rather have a Remy Martin!

Are people really thinking that he is the class of player that will move us forward?

On occasions he cant even trap a skip and his age is about as reliable as a MOT from Boycey!

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Have you ever tried trapping a skip? Fucking difficult, I tell ya!! :wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue Can't Defend wrote:Have you ever tried trapping a skip? Fucking difficult, I tell ya!! :wink: :lol:
For my one and only student of Dublinese (Galasso);

Over here, "trapping a skip" means something else entirely... :wink: It means trapping a friend. OR trapping a possible enemy.

Depends how you use it;

"Howya, Skip!" is a greeting to a mate. :)

"What's your problem, Skip?" is a challenge to a prospective opponent for a bout of good old fashioned fisticuffs. :evil:

Tomorrow during "Dublinese 101" we will learn the fine art of "ripping the piss" (NOT a venereal condition :wink: ) and we will examine the strict no-go protocal of "riding your buddy's mot". :wink:

gus ceasar is a legend

This is the official meaning of the phrasewhich I found amongst an online phrase book!

A player with the same technical ability as Jumbo the fucking elephant trying to control a ping pong ball wearing divers boots!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:This is the official meaning of the phrasewhich I found amongst an online phrase book!

A player with the same technical ability as Jumbo the fucking elephant trying to control a ping pong ball wearing divers boots!
Aaaaahhh! You mean a Heskey... :lol:

T.S

Post by T.S »

Wouldn't laugh if I were you, DB. For all we know, young Emile could be the next striker linked with us :wink:

gus ceasar is a legend

Thats the fella!

Goonanana

Post by Goonanana »

I'd definitely ahve Teves out fo the lot but surely we would have to wait for the Sheffield United hearing before we would be able to even consider buying him, we don't want to get involved in any of that rubbish, that means a risk though as we might run out of time to get a replacement.

Someone's earlier point about him being in a DB10 style role seemed to have been said in a negative light, I think both Walcott and Theo would be able to makes runs ahead of him beautifully, not sure if he could play with Adebayor or Bendtner though.

Martins is a huge risk i think because of this age fiasco! I'm sure Gary Lewin will give him the medical of his life though to make sure he is as old as he says! As for the African cup worrise I don't think that will be a problem, he amde up a story that he had his car riddled with bullets last time he played so he wouldnt have to play in Africa again and before that he failed to turn up for the national side without giving notice...on this note, does he have as bad a temperament as Whinging Nic Anelka???

Who incidently I would NOT want to see back at Arsenal, if people started doubting TH14's committment at times and then want this joker then they need their heads checked

T.S

Post by T.S »

Goonanana wrote:I think both Walcott and Theo would be able to makes runs ahead of him beautifully
Have we cloned him? Awesome!

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

The professor more than a nickname perhaps. some of the most advanced genetics research in the world is taking place in japan, maybe mr wengers years in nagoya were spent in more than just a footballing capacity.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

DB10GOONER wrote:Tomorrow .. we will examine the strict no-go protocal of "riding your buddy's mot". :wink:
DB10GOONER, I bet our mate Tony Saunders will be interested!! :lol:

T.S

Post by T.S »

Correct. I am interested as I have no idea what it means. Do enlighten me.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

ECD - :lol: :lol:

DB10 - Looking forward to Dublienese lessons, old chap. Will then be able to go into a pub in Dublin and order myself a Guinness without having to send my family retainer in to do it for me. 8) :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

tonysaunders wrote:Correct. I am interested as I have no idea what it means. Do enlighten me.
"Riding your Buddy's mot" is Dublinese for the crime that no man shalt commit! :twisted: :wink:

Translation; "Having sexual relations with your friend's girlfriend/wife."

A crime frowned upon in all cultures and countries I think you'll find. Except for France. :wink:

Probably.

Anyhoo, jacking it in for the day. Heading to my Gaf. Have a blammer for the weekend, lads. :wink:

T.S

Post by T.S »

Interesting...