Wayne Rooney

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Wayne Rooney

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just like Hoddle, Barnes, Gascogine etc before him he suffers from being England's most talented player of the age. I sat in amazement and watched at how he was singled out for our latest World Cup failure and was almost made to apologise on behalf of the team

The facts are these - he isn't a world class striker but he's the best English striker around and has been probably since Alan Shearer called it a day. When he plays for England I'll cheer for him, when he plays for United I'll hurl abuse at him - fickle? You bet

I wonder when the English press will release the other 10 useless *word censored* in the starting line up in Brazil (Jagielka, Baines, Henderson etc) were the main reason for our failure. Until then, lets carry on slagging the one bloke who actually played pretty well out there

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

He peaked years ago.

His best asset is his unorthodox role, he is neither striker nor Number 10, but a mix of both.
Enables him to find space on the pitch, confuse defenders.
But this can work against him too, who do you pair him with?

Actually thought he was in decent shape at the World Cup, low body fat, good cardio fitness.
But he has lost some sharpness and explosive power as he has got older.

Like Clockender, I worry about Rooney when he retires.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Worry about him? :lol: I could give two flying fucks about him and both would amount to zilch. Diving, cheating, ignorant, bald pikey piece of shit. Fuck him. I hope it all turns to shit for him when he retires. 8)

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

As much as I try to ignore international footy, no doubt I consider him completely unworthy to be England's record goalscorer and most capped player. Yet the press hold him up as the saviour of the nation... :banghead: granted look at some of who he has to play with.