Coquelin signed?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ikechukwu1

Re: Coquelin signed?

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

ROFL Coquelin has apparently "cost" Arsenal the league title. :lol:
A guy that's never been good enough to get a single international cap (behind Lassana Diarra, Schneiderlin, Matuidi, Mavuba etc) is apparently the difference between winning a league title or not :lol:
As NB123 says, yet another convenient AKB excuse lined up. Personally, I think the Leicester injury to Schlupp is going to cost them the league title. I mean, that's about as credible as claiming Coquelin, a kid who was running his contract down at Charlton just over a year ago, is that important! Let's conveniently ignore the lessons we've seen a 16 year-old West Ham kid hand him, Thiago of Bayern humiliating him, the absolute lesson Cambiasso of Olympiakos gave him, the fact that Dele Alli steamrolled him for 90 minutes a week ago etc.

LMFAO.

Next season's excuse: why the injury to the tea-lady cost Arsenal a shot at the CL. :roll: :roll: :roll:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:ROFL Coquelin has apparently "cost" Arsenal the league title. :lol:
A guy that's never been good enough to get a single international cap (behind Lassana Diarra, Schneiderlin, Matuidi, Mavuba etc) is apparently the difference between winning a league title or not :lol:
Lack of international cap irrelevant.

He is that important to us.

He is not world class, but he is our only consistent Premiership level defensive midfielder.
And this season has not seen a single team rise from the pack, so we could actually win the title by others teams messing up!

Flamini - is experienced and tries hard but he is not going to last many consecutive 90 minute games.
Arteta - see above.
Chambers - needs to go on loan, has to my knowledge played in midfield just once for us and looks bereft of his initial confidence.
Bielik - who knows?
O'Connor - turned out for the teenagers this afternoon.
Hayden - on loan for the season.
Kamara - publicaly dissed by Wenger after his last appearance, (Wenger was well out of order to do that) but does not appear to be ready yet.
Ramsey - as NorthBank123 wrote, he is a box-to-box player, not a defensive midfielder.

I actually think we should rotate Debuchy or Gibbs there so that Flamini does not get worn out.
No idea if they can play well there, but they can tackle.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Sorry but even though your point that he is "important to us" is very much correct, for anyone to say that title chances would rest on him is laughable. If you say title chances rest on eg Aguero for Citeh, or Martial for ManYoo, or Sanchez I get that. But the comparison with Schlupp is about right: sure, he's important for Leicester, but it's a joke to claim him being out "costs us the title
" when for over a decade, different Arsenal teams have been nowhere near the PL title. Got to be some sort of joke?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Fuck me haven't you cheered up yet Itchy? :roll:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

flash gunner wrote:Fuck me haven't you cheered up yet Itchy? :roll:
Rhetorical question there I assume, Flash?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Ikechukwu1 wrote: for anyone to say that title chances would rest on him is laughable.
No joke.
At £1000+ for season tickets, far from a joke.

We do have a genuine chance of the title, because all of our competitors are fallable.

I think Coquelin is our key player because of his unique value to our squad, which is a result of our squad not being balanced, not having sufficient quality depth in all areas.

He is more important to us than Alexis Sanchez.
Not that he is a better player than Sanchez, who is one of our two (arguably, along with Cech) "world class" players, whatever world class means.

Simply because when Coquelin is injured, the gap in quality to his replacements is a huge gulf.

With Sanchez there is a noticeable drop off, but it is a not a gaping chasm.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Wenger confirms Coquelin will be out for 12 weeks. "It is what we feared, basically."
10:09pm - 24 Nov 15

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

flash gunner wrote:Fuck me haven't you cheered up yet Itchy? :roll:
I'm avin' a great time Flash! :barscarf: :barscarf:

beck

Post by beck »

SteveO 35 wrote:
g88ner wrote:
armchair wrote: So g88ner when you are finished polising your halo. :D :wink: can you honestly say you'd rather we had that FA Cup and three more years of the same shit under Wenger or let the likes of Klopp or someone like Simeone, or anyone ffs take over and try something fresh without winning that cup?
hey, I'm fond of my halo thank you very much :lol: :lol:

I don't think Wenger would have left even if we'd lost the FA Cup final.

Plenty want him gone (including me) because he's had more than enough chances but I just don't think his ego would have allowed himself to walk away as a failure in 2014. He'd rather run us into the ground trying to prove everyone wrong. :|

So, on balance, I'd rather we won as I'm not convinced losing will force him out.

He'll go eventually mate :barscarf:
That's absolutely the truth. Does anyone think he would have walked away had we lost that? Really. I think his previous extension came after we lost to Birmingham FFS and collapsed like a deck of cards yet again.

Still as John Cross would say "he deserves to decide himself when he'll go" :rubchin:
He signed his previous extension the day before the 10/11 season started

markmark64

Post by markmark64 »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote: for anyone to say that title chances would rest on him is laughable.
No joke.
At £1000+ for season tickets, far from a joke.

We do have a genuine chance of the title, because all of our competitors are fallable.

I think Coquelin is our key player because of his unique value to our squad, which is a result of our squad not being balanced, not having sufficient quality depth in all areas.

He is more important to us than Alexis Sanchez.
Not that he is a better player than Sanchez, who is one of our two (arguably, along with Cech) "world class" players, whatever world class means.

Simply because when Coquelin is injured, the gap in quality to his replacements is a huge gulf.

With Sanchez there is a noticeable drop off, but it is a not a gaping chasm.
quartz we were in this position 2 seasons ago.a lack of competition and if we had of signed one or two decent players we would have won the league.even liverpool could have won it.so again it is down to the manager not doing the right thing and costing us the league.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

http://www.football365.com/news/coqs-ou ... in-january

We will probably have to pay through the nose to sign any of those in January, but surely one of the most ambitious and cash rich clubs in the world could secure one of them? Even the young lad mentioned last on the list is surely a better option than Flamini or Arteta.

Agree wit Quartz that Coquelin is that important to us simply because of what he brings to the team and the only one capable of performing the DM anywhere close to an excellent level. How that situation has allowed to come to pass is just another damning indictment of Wenger's ineptness in the transfer market.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Wenger missed a trick by not getting Song back on loan from Barca

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Rosie_titters wrote:Wenger missed a trick by not getting Song back on loan from Barca
if that's the level we're dropping to we might as well make do with chambers.

why did barca loan him to fucking wham for a year? he's shite. criminally overated

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rosie_titters wrote:Wenger missed a trick by not getting Song back on loan from Barca
That's a life ban right there, mate! :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
That's a life ban right there, mate! :lol: :wink:

A life ban is letting him off lightly imo - song was one of the biggest dickhead, cocky, over-rated w*nkers to ever wear our jersey :evil: He was lazy. indisciplined and brainless and summed up everything that was wrong with the club and team of that time :censored: :censored: